Positive Psychology Websites
- Authentic Happiness ~ readings, videos, surveys, and more from Martin Seligman et al
- Positive Psychology Center ~ for researchers, teachers, and practitioners
- Center for Positive Organizational Scholarship ~ resources for optimizing organizations, including the Reflected Best Self exercise
- International Psychology Association ~ for practitioners & researchers who want to connect around the globe
- VIA Institute on Character ~ the VIA Strengths survey and strengths resources
Because happiness does not come wrapped up in a pink bow…..
Who would have predicted that a dozen MentorCoach conference attendees would put their heads together to create the first anthology of positive psychology ideas to enrich women’s lives? From a feminist perspective of positive psych to strategies for connecting with your girlhood “enchanted self,” from leadership to mindfulness, it’s all in here.
Edited by Judy Touchton, Gayle Scroggs, Yehudit Yosef, and Neera Puri. [Psst: We’d love your reviews on Amazon.]
- Women’s Paths to Happiness (cloth)
- Women’s Paths to Happiness (paperback)
- Women’s Paths to Happiness (Kindle edition)
Essential Books for Flourishing
Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment by Martin Seligman ~ Groundbreaking classic by the founder of positive psychology and sparked the debate on the real meaning of happiness
Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being by Martin Seligman ~ Seligman continues to expand his positive psychology approach to health, work, school, and more, creating a new PERMA model of well-being
Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience ~ by Mihalyi Csiskzentmihalyi ~ famous investigations of the nature of that very satisfying, optimal experience known as “flow”
Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the 3 to 1 Ratio That Will Change Your Life by Barbara Fredrickson ~ Discover the importance of positive emotions–and ways to leverage positivity for well-being while decreasing negativity.
Love 2.0: Creating Happiness and Health in Moments of Connection by Barbara Fredrickson: What if love is can be more than you thought? Fredrickson introduces thae notion of positivity resonance–that special human connection that leads to flourishing across dimensions.
The How of Happiness: A New Approach to Getting the Life You Want by Sonja Lyubomirksy ~ At least part of happiness is self-determined, and this researcher shares evidence-based strategies for increasing it.
Curious?: Discover the Missing Ingredient to a Fulfilling Life by Todd Kashdan. ~ Pursuing happiness might just get in the way of living the good life, but curiosity can see you through the ups and downs to create a life of meaning and wonder
Photo Adventures in Cuba by Judy Krings. A great positivity coach’s colorful romp through Cuba with a VIA strengths lens and a camera. Inspirational!